- Strive to meet the healthcare needs of children in our community by raising funds, leading community development projects, and assisting in the funding of grants
- Participate, enrich, and contribute to the crafting of YouthWorks’ online presence: by way of new and social media, as well as regularly adding to our blog: youthworks.memfound.org
- Meet regularly, as a council and with committees
- Learn in-depth about philanthropy through hands-on experiences of grant writing, allocations and observing Memorial Foundation board meeting
- Interact with students from several grade levels and schools
- Represent YouthWorks, Memorial Hospital, Children’s Village and The Memorial Foundation in the community and at school
Being a YouthWorks Council Member provides an opportunity to:
- Enhance leadership skills in new ways
- Gain valuable experience for college and the professional world
- Learn about community-philanthropy and the healthcare needs of our community
- Build a network and develop an array of connections – from students at other high schools to business leaders throughout the valley
Who can apply: Any youth attending high school in the Yakima Valley is eligible to apply so long as they have demonstrated an active history of service to their community either through Memorial Hospital, Children’s Village or another community or school organization.
How to apply: Applications and additional information are available here. Paper versions are available at and can be returned to The Memorial Foundation, or Children’s Village. Please contact YouthWorks Coordinator, Mary Lynne Brewington [firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 574-3209 with any questions.